Thursday, March 10, 2011

Accidental Tourism


Late last month I set aside a day to go to Kate's center before remembering she was flying to Manila that day. Left with no plans, it was pleasantly fortuitous that Todd sent a text asking if I wanted to come along on a somewhat spontaneous group day trip to the interior.

Yes please.



After a cheerfully bumpy bus ride through natural jungle and man-made mahogany forests, we arrived at Bohol's most highly touted tourist destination, the Chocolate Hills - seen here in a pre-chocolate green.




I did not go see for myself, but apparently these bathrooms really are very clean.



The hills are little heaps of interestingly eroded limestone. Someone here recently told me they were the 8th wonder of the world, which speaks more to their local importance than their overall grandeur.



After leaving the hills, we were to Bohol's Butterfly Garden (or was it farm?...) for lunch.



We looked at all kinds of pretty butterfly-friendly flowers.



And I found the tiniest of mollusks on a leaf.




Looking up through mahogany trees on the ride back to the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment